- Quit any previous installations of Mathematica that are running on your machine and restart Windows.
- If you are installing from a downloaded executable file (a file ending in .exe), double click the executable file to run it. If you are installing from a DVD, insert the DVD into your computer to start the installation.
- The Wolfram Mathematica Setup dialog appears on your screen. Click Next > to begin the installation process.
- By default, Mathematica installs to the directory C:Program FilesWolfram ResearchMathematica9.0. Click Next > to install Mathematica to the default directory.
To install Mathematica to a different directory, click Browse and select the directory. Then click Next > to continue.
- Click Next > to install optional Mathematica components. These extra components enable web browsers to display interactive Mathematica notebooks and CDF documents.
If you prefer not to install the extra components, cancel the checkbox that is next to Optional Components and click Next > to continue.
- The installer adds Mathematica shortcuts to the Windows Start Menu in the Wolfram Mathematica folder.
To make the shortcuts appear in a different folder, click Browse and select a file. If you prefer not to make a shortcut in the Start Menu, check the box next to “Don’t create a Start Menu folder.” Then click Next > to continue the installation.
- The Remove Other Applications window only appears if there are older versions of Mathematica installed on the computer. Select any old versions of Mathematica that you want to uninstall and then select Next >.
- The configuration of the Mathematica installation is finished. Click Install to begin installing Mathematica.
- To complete the installation and launch Mathematica, click Finish.
Wait for the installation progress to complete.
The installation is now complete. Next, activate Mathematica to start using it.