The MathLM license manager is used to distribute licenses for network installations of Mathematica. You will need to update the license information in MathLM with a new password after renewing your Mathematica product license.
To have your MathLM start using the new license information, you need to collect all necessary information, stop the current MathLM instance, update the license information and restart the application.
- Get your activation key from the User Portal.
- In a terminal, navigate to the installation folder of MathLM. (The default is /Usr/local/Wolfram/MathLM on Mac and /usr/local/Wolfram/MathLM on Linux.)
- Execute the following command to obtain your MathID:
- To generate a password, go to the Password Generator form in the User Portal and enter the activation key and MathID obtained in the steps above. Click the Generate Password button to generate your new password.
You are now ready to update your MathLM license information.
- To stop the currently running process of MathLM, find the process ID by executing the following command:
- Using the MathLM process ID, terminate it with the following command:
- In the MathLM installation directory, make a copy of the mathpass file and name it “mathpass.old”.
- Using a plain text editor such as vim or Emacs, open the original mathpass file in the installation directory of MathLM.
- Verify that the MathID found in the second column of the file is the same as the one you identified previously.
- Verify that the activation key in the third column is the same as the one identified previously, or update the column entry to the new key otherwise.
- Locate the old password in the last column of the mathpass file and replace it with the password generated in step 3.
- Save the mathpass file.
- Restart MathLM by executing the following command: