Wolfram Enterprise Private Cloud (EPC) can be activated with or without internet access. This article describes steps to license the product on a machine with an active internet connection.
This process will activate two licenses:
- Wolfram Engine: This license enables functionality for the web application. Once activated, computational kernels will be functional, and users will be able to create sessions and perform evaluations in your EPC.
- Wolfram Desktop: Your virtual machine comes with a copy of Wolfram Desktop preinstalled. This needs to be activated in order to configure the settings for your EPC.
To activate your EPC, we will first need to obtain a password from the User Portal and then enter the password into your EPC.
Obtain Your Password
- Navigate to EPC desktop to find EPC Management Utilities.
- Open the Activate Cloud utility. The Cloud Activation window appears.
- Select Activate With Internet. Your Machine ID together with fields for an Activation Key and a Password are displayed.
- Note your Machine ID.
We will return to this dialog after obtaining the Activation Key and Password.
- Go to the Password Request Form. If necessary, log in with your User Portal credentials.
- Enter the Machine ID into the Math ID field and your Activation Key into the Activation Key field.
- Select Generate Password. A password will be generated.
- Note this password.
Enter Activation Key and Password
- Return to the Activate With Internet dialog by once again going on EPC desktop, selecting Activate Cloud and then selecting Activate With Internet.
- Enter the Activation Key and the password generated above.
- Press Activate. The Wolfram Engine and Wolfram Desktop licenses will both be Activated.
Your EPC is now ready for configuration.