Wolfram Enterprise Private Cloud (EPC) is a virtual machine compatible with various hypervisor solutions. In this article, we will utilize Amazon Web Services (AWS). The following installation guide is intended as a supplement to the Amazon Web Services documentation.
In order to install your Enterprise Private Cloud, our support team will need to share an EPC Amazon Machine Image (AMI) with you, then you will need to create and configure an instance of this AMI.
Gaining access to the EPC AMI
Send an email to the Private Cloud support team at firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- Your AWS Account ID
- Your license number, which can be found in your User Portal
- The AWS region in which you wish to deploy your AMI
Our support team will share an AMI with the provided AWS account within 24 hours. Once you have access to the image, you may begin the installation process.
Installing EPC Instance on AWS
- Navigate to aws.amazon.com and log in to your account. You will arrive at your AWS Management Console.
- Navigate to the AWS services panel. From All services ▶ Compute, select EC2. The EC2 Dashboard will appear.
- From the Create Instance section in the center column, select the blue Launch Instance button. The instance launching process will begin.
- In Step 1: Choose an Amazon Machine Image, select My AMIs and check the Shared with me box from the panel on the left side of the screen. The EPC AMI will appear listed.
- Select the EPC AMI. You will be taken to Step 2: Choose an Instance Type.
- In Step 2, we generally recommend selecting instance type c3.2xlarge, although this can vary based on your needs.
- Click Next: Configure Instance Details to be taken to Step 3.
- Navigate through Step 3 (Configure Instance), Step 4 (Add Storage), Step 5 (Add Tags) and Step 6 (Configure Security Group) to configure the instance to best suit your requirements.
- In Step 7: Review Instance Launch, review that you have properly configured your instance for your organization.
- Select Launch. You will be taken to the Launch Status page.
You are now ready to activate your Private Cloud.