- Processor: Intel Pentium III 650 MHz or equivalent
- Disk Space: 4 GB
- System Memory (RAM): 512 MB required; 1 GB+ recommended
- Internet Access: Required in order to use free-form linguistic input and computable data functionality
- GPU: To use Mathematica 8’s built-in GPU computing capabilities, you’ll need a graphics card that supports OpenCL or CUDA, such as many cards from NVIDIA, AMD, and others.
Mathematica 8 is available on the following platforms:
Mathematica 8 runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems where available.
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows HPC Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Window Compute Cluster Server 2003
- Mac OS X 10.8 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.7 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.6 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.5 Intel
Mathematica 8 is not supported on Mac PowerPC.
- Ubuntu 7-10
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
- CentOS 5
- Debian 5
- openSUSE 11
It is likely that Mathematica will run successfully on other distributions based on the Linux kernel 2.6 or later.
Mathematica supports an X Window System front end, and since Version 7 has used the Qt application framework for its user interface—the same used by the major Linux desktop environment KDE. Regular tests are run on both enterprise and popular open-source Linux distributions.
Some installations may require the 32-bit compatibility library, lib32stdc++6.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support