- Processor: Intel Pentium IV 2.4 GHz or equivalent
- Disk Space: 5.5 GB
- System Memory (RAM): 2 GB+ recommended
- Internet Access: Required in order to use free-form linguistic input and computable data functionality
- GPU: To use Mathematica 9’s built-in GPU computing capabilities, you’ll need a graphics card that supports OpenCL or CUDA, such as many cards from NVIDIA, AMD, and others.
Mathematica 9 is available on the following platforms:
Mathematica 9 runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems where available.
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows HPC Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008
- Mac OS X 10.9 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.8 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.7 Intel
- Mac OS X 10.6 Intel
Mac users on Intel systems with Mac OS X 10.6 or later require Java SE 6 to run the latest version of Mathematica. Mathematica 9 will run on 64-bit Intel Macs only.
- Ubuntu 7-12
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, 6
- CentOS 5, 6
- Debian 5, 6
- openSUSE 11, 12
- Fedora 9-17
Mathematica 9 has been fully tested on the Linux distributions listed above. On new Linux distributions, additional compatibility libraries may need to be installed. It is likely that Mathematica will run successfully on other distributions based on the Linux kernel 2.6 or later.
Mathematica supports an X Window System front end, and since Version 7 has used the Qt application framework for its user interface—the same used by the major Linux desktop environment KDE. Regular tests are run on both enterprise and popular open-source Linux distributions.
To use the new C compilation feature in Mathematica 9, a C compiler is required to be present.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support