If you do not have an internet connection, or automatic activation does not work for any reason, you can activate the Wolfram System manually.
- Start Mathematica. The activation window appears.
- Select the “Other ways to activate” button in the Wolfram Product Activation dialog.
- Select the Manual Activation option. A dialog appears showing the MathID of the machine onto which you are installing Mathematica. This dialog asks for the activation key and password. You can find your activation key and generate your password in your Wolfram User Portal account.
- Log in to the User Portal. Select the My Products and Services tab, then click the name of the product you want to activate. Copy and paste this activation key into the Product Activation dialog.
- To generate the password, go to the password generator form in the User Portal and enter your activation key and your MathID into the password generator form. Click the Generate Password button to generate your password.
- Copy and paste the activation key you selected from the User Portal and the password from the password generator into the corresponding fields of the Product Activation dialog.
- Click Activate.
If you are unable to manually activate Mathematica, contact Wolfram Support with your activation key, MathID and the password generated in step 5.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support