How can I get started with Wolfram System Modeler?
Many free resources are available to help you learn and get started with Wolfram System Modeler.
As a first step, we recommend focusing on building models in the Model Center by combining components from a large selection of built-in libraries, then running the simulation and analyzing its results in the Simulation Center. At a more advanced stage, we recommend additionally sourcing the power of Wolfram Language to optimize your system or analyze it at greater depth, or developing custom libraries using the underlying modeling language Modelica:
- Get started videos offer a brief overview of how to model, simulate and analyze results in System Modeler.
- The Wolfram System Modeler tutorial explains essential concepts and features of the product.
- Wolfram System Modeler product training offers basic and advanced courses as free on-demand videos or in instructor-led sessions.
- Introductory examples help you get started with applying System Modeler to a variety of fields.
- The Documentation Center contains many thorough guides, tutorials and reference pages touching on every aspect of System Modeler.
- The “Modelica Language Concepts” video provides an introduction to System Modeler’s underlying object-oriented modeling language. To learn more about Modelica, we recommend:
- Introduction to Physical Modeling with Modelica, by Dr. Michael Tiller.
- Modelica by Example, by Dr. Michael Tiller. These examples can also be found in the Class browser in System Modeler.
- The “Quick Start with Mathematica” video and Wolfram System Modeler Link package tutorial help you get started with modeling simulation and analysis using Wolfram System Modeler Link to access System Modeler functionality in Wolfram Language.
- The industry and education examples are a collection of downloadable models from a variety of fields.
- The Wolfram Blog and Customer Stories offer additional examples on how System Modeler can be used.
Furthermore, we recommend getting involved in Wolfram Community and connecting with other System Modeler users.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support