webMathematica generates these messages if it cannot locate the Mathematica kernel. A typical cause is when Mathematica is installed in a location other than the default installation directory.
- First, verify that the Mathematica kernel works by starting it and running some sample evaluations like 2+2.
- The KernelExecutable tag in the MSPConfiguration.xml file may be set so that webMathematica uses a specific Mathematica kernel. The MSPConfiguration.xml file is located in the webapps/webMathematica/WEBINF directory in your Tomcat layout. Nest the KernelExecutable tag inside of the KernelPool tag. Inside the tag, place the full file path to a working Mathematica kernel.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support