Mathematica generates these messages when it cannot locate the cluster engine’s installation. A sample error message for the PBS scheduling engine is:
You can resolve these error messages by showing Mathematica where to look for the scheduling engine. Set the “Engine path” option to the location of the scheduling engine in the Parallel Preferences dialog.
- Go to Evaluation ► Parallel Kernel Configurations ► Cluster Integration ► Advanced Settings:
- Edit the “Engine path” field to the location of your cluster’s engine.
Alternatively, you can use the “EnginePath” option as part of the LaunchKernels command in a notebook or from the command line. An example for the PBS cluster engine is:
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support