The Wolfram Language kernel is a text-based interface that allows you to evaluate Wolfram Language commands. It has a number of uses, including debugging installations. The following example contains instructions for Mathematica.
- Navigate to Mathematica’s installation directory. By default, this is in:
C:Program FilesWolfram ResearchMathematica
- Open the folder for the desired version.
- Double-click the WolframKernel executable to start the Mathematica kernel.
- Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder. Right-click or Control-click Mathematica in Applications and select Show Package Contents.
- A new window will open. Navigate to Contents ► MacOS.
- Double-click the WolframKernel icon to start the Mathematica kernel.
Open a terminal and execute the following command:
This will run the Mathematica kernel.