On some Linux machines with certain graphics cards, problematic graphics drivers can crash Mathematica or break the rendering of graphics. We recommend trying one of the following:
- Update the graphics driver to the manufacturer’s recommended or most recent driver version.
- Start Mathematica using Mesa, an open-source 3D graphics library. Start it in the terminal with the mesa flag:
In most cases this resolves any 3D graphics issues on Linux systems.
If neither of these options fixes your issue, please contact Technical Support and include the following information:
- Evaluate SystemInformation in a new notebook and save it;
- Open a terminal, then evaluate and keep the output of the following:
- In the same terminal, evaluate and keep the output of the following: