The Wolfram Language kernel is a text-based interface that allows you to evaluate Wolfram Language commands. It has a number of uses, including debugging installations. The following example contains instructions for Mathematica.
- Navigate to Mathematica’s installation directory. By default, this is in:
C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Mathematica
- Open the folder for the desired version.
- Double-click the WolframKernel executable to start the Mathematica kernel.
- Open Finder and navigate to the Applications folder. Right-click or Control-click Mathematica in Applications and select Show Package Contents.
- A new window will open. Navigate to Contents ► MacOS.
- Double-click the WolframKernel icon to start the Mathematica kernel.
Open a terminal and execute the following command:
This will run the Mathematica kernel.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support