To change the default format for input and output cells, adjust the CommonDefaultFormatTypes values using the Option Inspector.
- Navigate to the menu item Format ► Option Inspector. The Option Inspector window appears.
- Select Global Preferences from the first drop-down menu.
- Search for “CommonDefaultFormatTypes,” or navigate to it directly via Cell Options ► New Cell Default ► CommonDefaultFormatTypes.
- Select the cell type of interest, e.g. “Output,” and modify its option value, e.g. to TraditionalForm. The CommonDefaultFormatTypes reference page discusses the possible values for each option.
- Click Apply in the top-right corner for the change to take effect.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support