- Processor: x86-64 compatible CPU
- Disk Space: 19 GB
- System Memory (RAM): 4 GB+ recommended
- Internet Access: Required in order to use online data sources from the Wolfram Knowledgebase.
- To migrate your Mathematica installation to a new computer, complete the Wolfram System Transfer Form »
- To use the C compilation feature in Mathematica, a C compiler is required to be present.
- To use Mathematica’s built-in GPU computing capabilities, you’ll need a dual-precision graphics card that supports OpenCL or CUDA, such as many cards from NVIDIA, AMD and others.
- For system requirements for Mathematica 10 through 12.1, go to the Wolfram Product System Requirements page.
|Windows 7 Platform Update||✓|
|Windows Server 2019||✓|
|Windows Server 2016||✓|
|macOS 10.15 (Catalina)||✓|
|macOS 10.14 (Mojave)||✓|
|macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)||✓|
|macOS 10.12 (Sierra)||✓|
|Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04, 19.04, 19.10, 20.04||✓|
|openSUSE Leap 15–15.1||✓|
Mathematica 12.1 has been fully tested on the Linux distributions listed above. On new Linux distributions, additional compatibility libraries may need to be installed. It is likely that Mathematica will run successfully on other distributions based on the Linux kernel 2.6 or later.
Mathematica supports an X Window System front end, and uses the Qt application framework for its user interface—the same used by the major Linux desktop environment KDE. Regular tests are run on both enterprise and popular open-source Linux distributions.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support