Wolfram CDF Player installs to C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research\Wolfram CDF Player by default on Windows. To install the program to a different directory, the installation needs to be run on the command line.
- Run the CDF Player Download Manager to download the installation files. When the download completes, close the Download Manager without selecting Launch.
- Identify the CDF Player download folder starting with “M-WIN-D-” inside your Downloads folder, C:\<username>\Downloads.
- Open a Command Prompt and navigate to this directory:
… where <M-WIN-D-…> is the full name of the directory identified in the previous step.
- In the Command Prompt, begin installing:
… where <desired directory> is the directory you want to install to. For example, to install to D:\CDF Player\:
- Wait for the installation to complete.
CDF Player is now installed to your desired directory.