Your MathID is a unique identification code for your computer used to tie your license information to your specific machine. You will need your MathID when updating and upgrading your Mathematica License Manager (MathLM) server’s license information.
To generate the MathID associated with your machine, you need to have MathLM or Mathematica installed.
Your MathID is made available during the MathLM installation process.
On Windows systems, the MathID is displayed in the first text field in the MathLM Password window.
On Linux and macOS systems, you will find your MathID near the end of the Installer introductory text.
To find your machine’s MathID after installing MathLM:
- Open a terminal or command prompt session.
- Navigate to MathLM’s installation directory. For example, on Windows:
- Run mathlm -mathid to display the MathID for this machine:
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support