Your MathID is a unique identification code for your computer used to tie your license information to your specific machine.
To generate the MathID associated with your machine, you need to have Mathematica installed.
Finding Your MathID Before or While Activating Mathematica
The MathID can be displayed while activating the product.
- Start Mathematica on your machine.
- Select “Other ways to activate”.
- Select “Activate manually”.
The MathID appears in the last line of the paragraph beginning with “Step 1”.
Finding the MathID inside Mathematica after Activating
Evaluate the following in a Mathematica notebook or Wolfram Language kernel to get the MathID for that machine.
Finding the MathID outside Mathematica after Activating
Finding the MathID on MathLM Servers
The MathID can be obtained in several ways on MathLM servers.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support