When trying to import large XLS or XLSX files, Mathematica may give the following error message:
Import::fmterr: Cannot import data as XLS format. >>
J/Link is likely to have run out of memory. To resolve the issue in most circumstances:
1. Increase the Java heap space.
2. Re-run the Import command.
Please contact Wolfram Technical Support otherwise.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support