If your organization has enabled access to Wolfram products through single sign-on (SSO), see How do I activate a Wolfram product using single sign-on (SSO)?
The System Modeler installer for Linux is a bash script that runs in the Linux terminal. If you are not familiar with the terminal, please read a brief guide on how to use the terminal. The setup is an easy-to-follow dialog.
Running the Installer from a Downloaded Script
- Open a terminal and change the directory to where the installer is located. For example, if the installer is located on your desktop, run:
This changes the directory to your desktop. If you wish to verify that the installer file is on your desktop, use the command
- The installer needs administrative privileges to run. Use the command
sudoto run the installer script. For example, if the installer is called “installer.sh”, run:
sudo bash installer.sh
The prompt for the installation directory appears.
Enter the installation directory, or press ENTER to select /usr/local/Wolfram/SystemModeler/14.0:
- Press Enter to install System Modeler to the default directory. Otherwise, type the full file path to your desired installation directory and press Enter. The installer then copies the files to the installation directory.
Type the directory path in which the System Modeler script(s) will be created, or press ENTER to select /usr/local/bin:
- Press Enter to place the executable in the default directory. Otherwise, enter the full file path and press Enter.
The installer copies the executables to the desired directory.
The installer may ask you to choose if you want to overwrite or rename a previously existing installation of System Modeler. At this step, you can also choose to cancel your installation.
(1) Overwrite (2) Rename (3) Cancel Type your selection, or press ENTER to select (1):
- Press Enter to overwrite the previous installation.
Type 2 if you want to retain your older installation and rename it.
Installation is now complete. Activate System Modeler to start using it.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support