Most Mathematica configuration settings can be changed in the Option Inspector.
Each option can be set within three different scopes:
- Entire application (Global Preferences)
- Entire notebook (Selected Notebook)
- Current selection (Selection)
Selection takes precedence over Selected Notebook, and Selected Notebook takes precedence over Global Preferences.
To modify a setting within a specific scope:
- Navigate to the menu item Format ► Option Inspector. The Option Inspector window appears.
- Select the desired scope of Selection/Selected Notebook/Global Preferences from the first drop-down menu.
- Search for the specific setting by browsing the categories on the left column or by looking it up directly.
- After locating the setting, change it to the preferred value.
- Click Apply in the top-right corner for the change to take effect.
The possible values vary for the individual option. You may be able to select from a set of values listed in a drop-down menu, choose between True and False for a Boolean option or manually enter a value.
If an option value is modified from its default, an “x” symbol appears to the left of the option name.
Click the “x” to revert to the default value.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support