When using a Windows machine as the webMathematica server, the error message
FrontEndError: ExportString failed: -Graphics- may appear in place of the graphics on a webpage. This may indicate that the Mathematica front end did not launch.
Windows limits the amount of memory allocated to non-interactive users, such as Mathematica kernels launched by the Tomcat server. When such kernels need to perform a calculation that requires the Mathematica front end, the memory allocation setting may prevent the launching of the front end.
To increase the available memory, allow non-interactive users to use the same amount of memory as interactive users:
- Locate the registry entry:
- Identify the SharedSection variable.
- Delete its third parameter, i.e. replace “1024,3072,512” with “1024,3072” in the above example.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support