By default, Mathematica only saves notebooks following a user’s explicit action (e.g. using the menu item File ► Save or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+S).
However, to help protect against accidentally losing any work, Mathematica can be set to save a notebook automatically after every evaluation by setting the NotebookAutoSave option accordingly.
To enable autosaving for all notebooks in Mathematica, change the NotebookAutoSave option setting in the Option Inspector to True in the Global Preferences scope.
Note that a notebook must be manually saved to the machine once before autosaving with NotebookAutoSave begins.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support