The Wolfram Language’s
*Data functions download data paclets from Wolfram data servers. Hence, functions such as
CountryData will not work on computers disconnected from the internet.
It is possible to transfer paclets from an online machine to an offline machine for the following functions:
ChemicalData, CityData, ColorData, CountryData, ElementData,
IsotopeData, KnotData, LatticeData, ParticleData, PolyhedronData, ProteinData, WordData.
Downloading paclets to an online machine
- Download your paclet of interest (e.g.
CityData) to the online machine by evaluating in the Wolfram Language:
- Install the paclet on the online machine:
- Locate the paclet repository folder by evaluating:
And identifying the subfolders starting with “
CityData” in their names.
Transferring paclets to an offline machine
- Copy these folders into the equivalent paclet repository folder on your offline machine. (The corresponding location on the offline computer can be found using the same
ToFileNameevaluation from above.)
- Have the offline Wolfram product installation recognize the added data paclets by evaluating:
- Finally, evaluate a few examples in the documentation for
CityDatato verify that the desired data is now available in the Wolfram product on your offline machine.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support