In order to set up grid Mathematica Server, we will
- Install grid Mathematica Server on a compute node, then
- Activate the grid Mathematica Server’s license and
- Test a grid Mathematica kernel.
Install grid Mathematica Server on a Compute Node
- Quit any previous installations of Wolfram products that are running on your machine.
- If you already have an older grid Mathematica Server installed in your Applications folder, uninstall the previous application.
- Installing from a downloaded file: double-click the icon to start the installation.
Installing from a DVD or a USB drive: insert the DVD or connect the USB drive to your computer.
The grid Mathematica Server installer window appears.
- Double-click the icon to start installation. The Install grid Mathematica Server dialog appears.
- Click Continue to begin the installation process. The Destination Select step proceeds automatically. The Installation Type step appears next.
- Click Install to proceed. A dialog window appears, asking for administrator credentials.
- Enter the administrator credentials and click Install Software to continue. Wait for the installer to reach the “Running package scripts…” step.
The grid Mathematica Server Configuration dialog window appears. Note that it may be hidden behind other active windows.
- Click OK to continue. The User Account Selection dialog window appears.
Select the Create a Local User Account option. Click OK to continue.
The User Account Selection dialog appears.
We recommend “wolframgrid” as the name for the local user account. Click OK to confirm your selection.
The User Account Password dialog window appears.
Choose and enter a password for this new Local User Account. Click OK to continue. Confirm the Local User Account password.
A dialog window appears, indicating that the account was created.
- Click OK to continue. The Web Interface Admin Account dialog window appears.
Choose and enter a password for the web interface that configures the Apache Tomcat server. Choose a password and click OK to continue. Confirm the web interface admin password.
The installation is now complete.
- Close this dialog window by clicking Close. An Installation Complete dialog window opens.
- Click Finish. The web interface launches automatically. We will return to the web interface when testing a grid Mathematica kernel.
- Open the Finder.
- Navigate to the Applications directory.
- Hold the Control key and click grid MathematicaServer.app.
- Select Show Package Contents.
- Navigate to Contents ► macOS.
- Start the Mathematica component of grid Mathematica Server by double-clicking Mathematica. A terminal window opens in order to start the application, then the Welcome to Wolfram Mathematica window appears.
- Activate grid Mathematica Server.
- Close the terminal.
Activation of grid Mathematica Server is now complete.
Test a grid Mathematica Kernel
- Return to the web browser from the end of the Installation section, or open a web browser and navigate to localhost:3737. The main Status page appears.
The left panel indicates any grid Mathematica Servers visible on the local network, including the one that was just installed.
Navigate to Kernel Settings ► Services.
- Click the Open Kernel link to open a kernel. A warning message appears.
- Confirm the warning message by clicking OK. A Wolfram kernel attempts to start.
- Wait for the Wolfram kernel to initialize. A connection status appears.
- Verify that the kernel state is Available.
The configuration of the Lightweight Grid Manager is now complete and tested.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support