- Quit any previous installations of Wolfram products that are running on your machine and restart Windows.
- If you are installing Mathematica from a DVD or USB drive, insert the DVD or USB drive into your computer to start the installation.
If you are downloading a .zip file:
a. Locate the Mathematica installer file on your system.
b. Right-click the file and select Extract All… to unzip it. A folder containing the extracted contents will appear.
c. Verify that this folder contains the three files pictured above.
d. Double-click the “setup” Application file.
- The Setup dialog appears on your screen. Click Next to begin the installation process.
- Click Next to install Mathematica to the default directory.
To install Mathematica to a different directory, click Browse and select the directory. Then click Next to continue.
- Click Next to install optional components. These extra components enable web browsers to display interactive Mathematica notebooks and CDF documents.
If you prefer not to install the extra components, uncheck the checkbox that is next to Optional Components and click Next to continue.
- The installer adds Mathematica shortcuts to the Windows Start Menu in the Wolfram Mathematica folder.
To make the shortcuts appear in a different folder, click Browse and select a file. If you prefer not to make a shortcut in the Start Menu, check the box next to “Don’t create a Start Menu folder.” Then click Next to continue the installation.
- The Remove Other Applications window only appears if there are older versions installed on the computer. Select any old versions of Mathematica that you want to uninstall and then click Next.
- The configuration of the Mathematica installation is finished. Click Install to begin installing.
- To complete the installation and launch Mathematica, click Finish.
Wait for the installation progress to complete.
The installation is now complete. Next, activate Mathematica to start using it.