- Quit any previous installations of Wolfram products that are running on your machine.
- If you already have an older version installed in your Applications folder, please rename it before installing.
- If you are installing from a downloaded file, double-click the file to run it. If you are installing from a DVD or a USB drive, insert the DVD or connect the USB drive to your computer to start the installation.
- The Mathematica installer window appears. Drag the product icon to the Applications folder to begin installing.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Mathematica is now installed. Next, activate the software to start using it.
- Mathematica also comes with an optional WolframScript installer.
- In the Mathematica installer window, double-click the WolframScript.pkg icon to run the WolframScript installer.
- The Install WolframScript dialog appears. Click Continue.
- Click Install to perform a default installation.
- The installation is complete when the Summary dialog appears. Click Close to close the WolframScript installer.