After purchasing and, if necessary, installing a Wolfram product, it depends on the specific product whether you can start using it by entering your Wolfram ID and associated password (your “Wolfram Account credentials”) or by entering an activation key.
Some products, such as Wolfram|One, have both a cloud and a desktop component. Cloud products (or the cloud components of products) do not need to be activated after purchase, and are accessed by logging into wolframcloud.com with your Wolfram Account credentials.
For desktop products, there are two main methods of activation:
- Enter your activation key, a sequence of alphanumeric characters of the form 1234-5678-123ABC.
- Enter your Wolfram Account credentials, the Wolfram ID and password that you use to log into your User Portal or account page.
Activation Methods for Individual Desktop Wolfram Products
|Product||Activation Key||Wolfram Account Credentials||Network License Server||Single Sign-On|
|Wolfram|Alpha Notebook Edition||✓||✓|
|Wolfram Player||No activation required|
|Wolfram Player Pro||✓|
*Mathematica for the Raspberry Pi is free and does not require activation.
Getting an Activation Key
If you obtained the software through your site, please contact your site administrator or software distributor to get your activation keys.
If you purchased your product through the Wolfram Store, your activation key will be sent to you via email at the time you check out.
Other Methods of Activation
If your computer is not connected to the internet, you can still activate your software using manual activation. If you need to transfer your installation to a new computer, please use the System Transfer Form.
If your site activates your software with the MathLM license server, follow the instructions here.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support