- Quit any previous installations of Wolfram products that are running on your machine.
- Run Mathematica_12.2.0_WIN_DM.exe. The Download Manager opens and immediately begins downloading Mathematica’s installation files to your Downloads folder.
Wait for the download to finish.
The Download Manager allows monitoring the progress of the download, as well as pausing it and resuming interrupted or paused downloads.
- Select Launch.
- The Setup dialog appears on your screen. Click Next to begin the installation process.
- Click Next to install Mathematica to the default directory.
To install Mathematica to a different directory, click Browse and select the directory. Then click Next to continue.
- Click Next to include WolframScript with your installation.
If you prefer not to install the extra components, uncheck the checkbox next to Optional Components and click Next to continue.
- The installer adds Mathematica shortcuts to the Windows Start Menu in the Wolfram Mathematica folder.
To make the shortcuts appear in a different folder, click Browse and select a file. If you prefer not to make a shortcut in the Start Menu, check the box next to “Don’t create a Start Menu folder”. Then click Next to continue the installation.
- The Remove Other Applications window only appears if there are older versions installed on the computer. Select any old versions of Mathematica that you want to uninstall, and then click Next.
- The configuration of the Mathematica installation is finished. Click Install to begin installing.
Wait for the installation process to complete.
- To complete the installation and launch Mathematica, click Finish.
The installation is now complete. Next, activate Mathematica to start using it.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support