- Quit any previous installations of Wolfram products that are running on your machine.
- If you already have an older version of Mathematica installed in your Applications folder, please rename it before installing.
- Double-click the Wolfram Mathematica 12.2 Download Manager .dmg file to start the download process.
- Double-click the Wolfram Mathematica 12.2 Download Manager.app icon. The Download Manager will start and automatically begin downloading Mathematica’s installer to your Downloads folder.
The Download Manager allows monitoring the progress of the download, as well as pausing it and resuming interrupted or paused downloads.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Select Launch. The Mathematica installer window appears.
- Drag the Mathematica.app icon to the Applications folder icon to begin installing.
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Mathematica is now installed in your Applications folder. Next, activate the software to start using it.
- Mathematica also comes with an optional WolframScript installer.
- In the Mathematica installer window, double-click the WolframScript.pkg icon to run the WolframScript installer.
- The Install WolframScript dialog appears. Click Continue.
- Click Install to perform a default installation.
- The installation is complete when the Summary dialog appears. Click Close to close the WolframScript installer.
Whether you have a question about billing, activation or something more technical, we are ready to help you.
1-800-WOLFRAM (+1-217-398-0700 for international callers)
8am–5pm US Central Time
- Product registration or activation
- Pre-sales information and ordering
- Help with installation and first launch
Advanced Technical Support (for eligible customers)
8am–7pm US Central Time
8:30–10am & 11am–5pm US Central Time
- Priority technical support
- Product assistance from Wolfram experts
- Help with Wolfram Language programming
- Advanced installation support